Tuesday, March 22

You have no right to correct me now


You didn't ask me questions about what I was struggling with.
You didn't get curious about how I felt or what I knew.
It scared you to ask.

So you didn't try to find out what I thought or why.
And you weren't there for me when I was on my own.
You pushed ideas at me to try to calm me down instead of listening.

Well, Karma is Karma, my friend.
You didn't talk to me when I was a believer.
I won't listen to you chastise me now that I'm not.

I won't listen to you tell me I'm wrong for finding something that works better, sounds more reasonable, makes me hopeful, and meets my needs.

I won't listen when you tell me I'm a sinner when I look at a sunrise with a clear conscience for once in my life.

I won't listen when you tell me I'm to be shunned because I finally found peace where I used to find turmoil.

No comments: