Saturday, September 15

Honest fractures

I've been fractured.

Do you know what it means to own your story? It means to stop lying. It means to stop hiding. Are you ready for that? I hope I am. Everything rides on my ability to tell the truth now. I have to be completely honest with myself, my lover, my family.

And I'm scared. I've never let the fractured pieces have a say in the same story. I'm frightened to tell the whole truth.

She assures me I can tell her the worst of me, but I don't trust her. And I think I have to trust myself more than anyone else anyway. If I tell the truth, I tell it for me and I tell it to be free of shame.

The real question is, will I still love myself if I finally include all of these fractured pieces as part of my honest story? And can I tell that story out loud?

No comments: