Thursday, November 29

Time to write again

So many people who pump out blogs do so in such an artistic way... Well, I've stumbled upon a blog that has the potential to change everything about me. No wait... It's not a blog, but one post on that blog. Here is the link: Be Brave Project

It's such an odd feeling where I am right now. So many parts of me are being pulled different directions. For instance, I'm supposed to be getting ready for work... obviously I'm not. There is one direction I'm attempting to ignore being pulled towards. This is called effective procrastination.

I want to be what I don't want to be... That sounds wrong but only up until the point that I explain myself. I don't want to be "chittery" like those people at parties who won't shut up, but I do want to be able to speak when I get thoughts. I tend to analyze each thought briefly before saying them, and though that is useful from the perspective that one should look before they leap, I look so often before I leap, that though I've checked and double checked that it is safe, I choose not to make the jump because there is a slight chance I will fall on my head. I need to take leaps of faith here... What ever happened to "Leap and the net will appear"? See, I want to have both, and they both have their moments, and I tend to side to the one. Look before you leap. So often I'm watching for so long that I miss the chance. The train below the bridge I'm standing on has already left. I want to take those chances in my speech. I want to be that, and yet before I did not want to be that... so perhaps now I've completely confused the sentence I began with. I want to be what I don't want to be. Maybe I've sorted it out some. Communication problems I tell ya, because it makes perfect sense in my head.

I've been so afraid... but no more...

No longer afraid

When I thought upon
The task I have to do,
Terror blurred my eyes,
And I was frozen too.

But earlier today
I came to realize
I don't have to be afraid,
Fear won't be in my eyes.

And then immediately
I had no more to fear
And I stood up upon my feet
And that is why I'm here.

I am no longer afraid,
I am strong and I am brave.
You can look into my eyes
For fearless I will stay.

Sera © 2007

No comments: