Friday, April 17

I have truly begun to realize the convenience and quite frankly, the joy of elopement. After planning my mother's wedding, a bridal shower, and been part of several other weddings and plannings... I am amazed at the time, preparation and stress involved. It's so incredibly hectic to try and organize every article of clothing for the wedding party, and the table arrangements, and the little kids with their little tuxes, and the microphones and equipment...

I've decided I want to elope.

I want to elope just to get away from all the stressful people who think that two bags of potatoes and five bags of buns and two massive containers of mayo and all the many bags of veggies, as well as the three turkeys won't be enough and that we must get more! I finally get why people get stressed on their wedding days. I used to think it was because people planned on certain things being there like a grand staircase or a red carpet or a specific outfit for the groom that made it stressful because it just didn't work out, and they just want these things so badly... that it must be... But it's not because of all the planning or even because of lack of planning... it's because there are so many people that think that it must be done a certain way and won't accept 'no' as an answer! And because people don't cooperate. At least that's what I think.

But I won't be eloping.... because I know my mom would really hate to miss it. So... Ok, she can come...

... but then if I let her come, I should probably let her husband come...

...and if they come then his parents should probably be allowed to come...

...and maybe my brothers would want to be there if my mom was there...

...and their wives and kids shouldn't be left out...

...and food should probably be provided especially if there is a good distance to travel...

...we should probably get a building booked to have a dinner...

...because that already is a lot of people...

...And if we have food, then tables and chairs would make sense...

Wow... weddings are stressful... I should just elope.

6 comments:

Duane Johnson said...

lol!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha you just made my day! I truly miss your rants. Please, they're like a present to me, do them more! I completely agree. Such a big deal over what, one day?

Jessica and Richard said...

You have my permission to elope...after all, your cousin did-and it took only 6 mins- I could post the audio for you to listen to. It was nice, but, she was a LOT less stressed about it. She did look happy!
Everyone has "their" expectations but you have to remember what are "your" expectations...those are what count!!!
Mark

Gaddian said...

hehe... thanks for the comments. I love hearing what people think. And I didn't know that I needed your permission to elope, Mark, but it's good to know I've got it! Now if only I could find a guy... :D

putznschmuck said...

Hahahahahahaha, oh umm *cough* sorry. I'll go now.

Gaddian said...

"Hahahahahahaha, oh umm *cough* sorry. I'll go now." - HAHAHA! Oh dear... :D