Friday, September 19

I can't help it. I'm in love... With all of you.

It took a few seconds my friend... You and I met, in whichever circumstance it was, and though I may have not realized it then... Something happened - and when it did, suddenly everything changed. The truth is...

I love you.

I believe love has the power to break through fear as water has the power to wash away stone.

It may take longer for a person to change through the medication of unconditional love than with the threat of a gun. Fear will change a person's actions temporarily, but love will change a person's heart forever. I believe love is a longer lasting reason to change than any fear can give.

So here is the truth of love: 

I will love you as completely as I love myself. 
I will love you forever - for that is unconditional love.

But know this - love is not the same as trust. 

Though I will not throw my heart beneath your feet to be trampled -
             I will never close off room for you to come inside my heart. 
Though I will not expect you to love or look after me in any way - 
             I will never stop hoping that you may love me the way I am.
Though I will not let you close enough to hit twice; once and trust is broken - 
             I will never believe you incapable of winning your dignity back.
Though I will never abandon myself to the fearful nature inside you - 
             I will never see you as anything less than a friend who needs love. 
Though I will never let you cross a boundary for the sake of "love" -
             If you do, you will not lose my belief in your value as a person.


I will love you though you may hate me. 
I will forgive you though you may blame me. 

I will see your heart for the entirety and beauty it is.
I will look beyond the pain you feel to see the child inside. 
I will love you; completely, insights, charisma and imperfections. 

I will love you as completely as I love myself. 
I will love you forever - for that is unconditional love. 


No comments: